Shocker Gooseneck Cushion Ball
Our new Gooseneck Cushion Ball is very simple to use and offers great value. Picture running on a concrete road wearing metal shoes. That’s essentially what happens when you tow a gooseneck trailer with a solid steel connection. Now lets put a pair of running shoes with a soft rubber sole – what a difference it makes. No more banging and clanging. The Shocker Cushion Ball works a lot like those rubber-soled running shoes.
The Gooseneck ball uses a polyurethane bump cushion sandwiched between two steel plates. When the tongue weight of the trailer is added, the bump cushion compresses. The polyurethane serves as a punching bag absorbing the road shock as you go. The obvious benefit of the Shocker Cushion Ball is that it helps to protect your trailer from fatigue and reduces noise. This hitch ball assembly is designed to fit in a B&W gooseneck socket, all at a very affordable price
Maximum Tow Weight: = 20,000 lbs
Safety Notice: The Shocker Hitch is a heavy duty unit, however it is imperative that any weight capacity ratings are not exceeded on either the gooseneck hitch receiver system that is mounted on your tow vehicle, or the Shocker Hitch.
NOTE: IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED THAT THE HITCH BALL AND SHANK BE GREASED TO REDUCE WEAR AND IMPROVE SHOCKER ACTION.
- Remove your existing ball shank from the B&W 2 ½” square pocket tube. Make sure the pocket is clean and free of debris.
- Install optional spacer ring (1/8″ thick around outside diameter), when pocket ring is not flush with truck bed.
- Stack top plate (1/4″ thk) , rubber bump cushion (3/4″ thk), and larger bottom plate (1/4″ thk) on ball shank directly under machined flange.
- Apply light coat of grease to shank. Insert greased assembly into pocket on truck.
- Engage retaining pin using handle on driver side wheel opening.
- Grease trailer ball and hook up trailer. Make sure retaining pin is properly engaged.
Periodically grease shank and hitch ball. Note: Some bedliners my require trimming around pocket to allow hitch to set down flush with truck bed.